This Guide will help you how to download and install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H or SM-J100ML running on Android KitKat 4.4.4 (Special Thanks to xda devloper CTXz for build)
Samsung Galaxy J1 is a fair quality Android device launched a couple years ago, in 2015, featuring a quite powerful Dual-Core processing unit clocking at 1200 megahertz, a 4.3 inches capacitive touch-screen, and 2 cameras, a 5 MP back facing camera and a 2 mega-pixels front facing camera.
1.You may need to enable OEM unlock in the developer settings
3. USB Cable.
THIS WILL SET KNOX TO 1 AND WILL VOID YOUR WARANY
- Odin3 v3.09 or any other- HERE
- Samsung USB Driver - HERE
- TWRP recovery for Galaxy J1-HERE (bugs fixed)
How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J1
Before proceeding make you sure that drive should be properly installed
- Install Samsung USB Driver on your PC/Laptop or something else
- Download & Extract odin and place twrp recovery.tar in the same folder
- Download Odin 3
- Turn off your phone
- Boot into download mode (Power + VOL down +Home)
- In menu select continue (VOL up)
- Connect phone and wait until detected on odin
- Add the twrp-recovery.tar file to AP/PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start and wait until it's done.
- Reboot into recovery and have fun.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding this article.