Just by following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root Samsung Galaxy On5 smartphone by flashing TWRP recovery in it. Once you have gained root privileges on your device, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s (which are using latest Android versions), custom-built Android applications, etc.
By using TWRP Recovery you can install Xposed framework and custom roms like CM14, CM13, CM12 on your device.So for that follow below steps.
- Backup all your data on your device.
- Charge your device to 80%.
- Download Odin
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download Twrp Recovery and Kernel from download section below.
Galaxystuffs not responsible for any damage to your phone. Do it on your own risk,follow the instructions properly.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy on5 Android Lollipop 5.1.1
- Download & Extract odin and place samsung-sm-g550fy-twrp3.tar and samsung-sm-g550fy-5.1.1-ro2t.tar in the same folder
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options.Now turn off your Galaxy On 5.Then turn it on by pressing (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key) simultaneously, Now you will see warning message just press volume up button to skip it and it, will reboot your device into Download Mode
- Now open Odin.exe in you computer
- Now connect your Device with PC using Data Cable
- When you plug it the ID: Com box will turn blue in ODIN.
- Now just click on AP or PDA(if you have any other version of ODIN) tab in Odin and select the samsung-sm-g550fy-5.1.1-ro2t.tar custom kernel
- Make sure that you have the choose the settings according to below image
- Now click on start and wait for the process to complete after the process completed you device will be rebooted and remove it from PC.
Follow the guide How to Root Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY on Android Lollipop 5.1.1