Xiaomi Redmi 2 smartphone was launched in January 2015. The phone comes with a 4.70-inch touchscreen display. The Xiaomi Redmi 2 runs Android 4.4 and is powered by a 2200mAh removable battery. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Redmi 2 packs a 8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts.
- Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.(TWRP Recovery Reccomended)
- Take Nandroid Backup of your current Rom via custom Recovery before installing any ROM.
- Phone should be on Stock ROM
|Bugs||Use VOL UP+VOL DOWN+POWER button to enter recovery mode|
|Credits||Team Lineage OS and nicknitewolf|
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 for Redmi 2 Nougat Rom Android 7.1.2
- Download the ROM zip and Gapps from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Do a Wipe>Wipe cache, Dalvik cache and data.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file select to Install the ROM file
- After the process completes, Install Gapps zip
- Finally, wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
Want to Root this device ? Follow this guide How to Root Android using TWRP Recovery + SuperSU
Download linkLineage os 14.1 Rom zip
Android Nougat GAPPS