Credit goes to andii_nr xda developer for his hardwork. Note that this is not stable Recovery yet, if any update comes out then we will update this post.
What is TWRP?
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) basically is UI for androids which is used to flash a 3rd party software onto the device such as custom ROMs, kernel, or even help in wiping dalvik cache, which a stock recovery cannot perform. They can also perform a device backup and restore.
Points to Be Remember Before Proceeding :
- Need Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018 with the model number SM-J250F running on the ARD3 OR "ARD*" firmware.
- Samsung USB Drivers must be installed on your PC.
How to Install TWRP on SM-J250F Galaxy J2 Pro 2018
Before proceeding make sure that USB drivers should be properly installed on your computer.
- Download & Extract Odin Tool and TWRP image for SM-J250F both ( from below downloads)
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options, Now turn off your device.
- Then turn it on by pressing (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key) simultaneously, Now you will see warning message just press volume up button to skip it and it, will reboot your device into Download Mode.
- Now open Odin Tool in you computer, connect your Device with PC using Data Cable. When you plug it the ID: Com box will turn blue in ODIN.
- Now just click on AP or PDA(if you have any other version of ODIN) tab in Odin and select image.tar.md5 file found in the extracted images folder
- Now click on start and wait for the process to complete.
After the process completed you device will be rebooted and remove it from PC. Now You have successfully Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2018
How to Root SM-J250F Galaxy J2 Pro 2018
- Download the latest stable/beta Magisk
- Boot your Android device into TWRP recovery using the special button combination
- Tap on Install and select the Magisk zip file
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the flashing process.
Once Magisk is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System option, select it. Then similarly flash no-verity-no-encrypt-5.1. After your Android phone boots, you can download and install the latest Magisk Manager app. That’s all. Enjoy systemless root with Magisk on your Android device.
TWRP Recovery For SM-J250F - Download