Note that this is not an official Galaxy Core 2 Stock ROM from Samsung. It is an unofficial custom firmware build by third party developer Mohammed Ihsan. For our last tutorial on how to Install Nougat Rom for Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355H/M via ViperOS 3.1.1, we ha1 ve received amazing response.
- Make sure Custom Recovery Installed in your Galaxy Core 2. (TWRP Recovery Recommend)
- Make Backup of your current rom before flashing this Rom via TWRP Recovery.(If you stuck on bootlop then restore backup)
- Your phone must be on AOB1 firmware. If not? Follow the guide How to change Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355H Baseband version to AOB1
Note: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. Galaxystuffs cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.
How to Install LineageOS 15 on Galaxy Core 2
- Download the LineageOS rom file, gapps and place it to external storage.(scroll down to download section below)
- Turn off the phone and boot into recovery mode . ( Press and Hold Power+Home+Volume Up )
- After entering TWRP mode tap on Wipe then select system, dalvick, data, cache and swipe to wipe.
- When wiping process finished, tap ln Install and choose the Rom you downloaded
- After installation, Reboot your Phone. Be patient first boot will takes upto 10 min or more.
- If you want google services like playstore, you need to install the gapps.
- Again boot your Phone to recovery mode.
- Select Install zip from sdcard and choose the Gapps you downloaded
Reboot your Phone and Enjoy Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy Core 2 . If your device stuck in boot loop then restore your backup from TWRP recovery. If your fogot to take Backup then follow this guide 5 Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung devices using Odin
LineageOS 15 Android Oreo 8.1.0 Rom zip - link here
Oreo GPPS zip - Link here