Requirements and Additional information
- Samsung USB drivers installed on your computer.
- Turn on USB debugging and OEM Unlocking
- Download TWRP recovery.tar(link below at the bottom of post) and Odin Tool
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J1 2016 Android Lollipop 5.1.1
Before proceeding make you sure that drive should be properly installed on your PC or Laptop.
- After downloading required files extract odin and TWRP.zip in same folder.
- Now switch of your device and turn it on by pressing (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key) simultaneously, Now you will see warning message just press volume up button to skip it and it, will reboot your device into Download Mode
- Now open Odin.exe in you computer and connect your device with PC using Data Cable
- When you plug it the ID: Com box will turn blue in ODIN.
- Now just click on AP or PDA(if you have any other version of ODIN) tab in Odin and select recovery.tar
- Make sure that you have the choose the settings according to below image
- Now click on start and wait for the process to complete after the process completed you have to remove your phone from PC.
Now boot your device into recovery mode by using combination of buttons (Power+Home+Volume up). Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 is on twrp recovery mode. Finally reboot your phone. That's it you have latest version of TWRP custom recovery.
How to Root Galaxy J1 2016 SM-J120H
- Download SuperSU-v2.78 File And Copy It To Your Sd Card.
- Boot your phone Into Recovery (Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button)
- Backup your current Rom. (Important: incase of bootloop you can easily restore your current Rom and data)
- Navigate and Select Install Zip From SDCard> Choose Zip From SDCard. Select Supersu Zip File And Press Yes To Confirm Installation.
- Finally, reboot your device you have successfully Root your device.